What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry involves the use of lasers to treat dental issues. As opposed to the traditional drills used by dental professionals, lasers offer a quick way to perform dental procedures with less recovery time for the patient. Smile Moore Dentistry offers quality laser dentistry services for our patients. Laser dentistry allows us to make procedures quicker and more cost effective, as well as painless for you.
Laser Dentistry Services at Smile Moore Dentistry
We pride ourselves on offering many options for your dental care. The team at Smile Moore Dentistry offers several forms of laser dentistry that can treat a number of dental issues:
- Eliminate hypersensitivity: Lasers can be used to seal tubules on the roots of your teeth, instantly treating sensitivity to hot and cold foods.
- Treat gum disease: Lasers can cut off and disintegrate infected tissue causing gum disease. While it cannot completely prevent gum disease from occurring, lasers can be used to lessen infections in your mouth.
- Get rid of excess tissue: Those with a “gummy” smile can benefit from laser procedures. We are able to trim tissue in the mouth and expose more of your teeth, cutting back on the unnecessary gum tissue.
- Removing tumors: Patients with benign tumors can undergo laser dentistry to remove growths safely and quickly in the mouth.
- Whitening: Our lasers can boost the bleaching process when you get your teeth whitened.
- Cavity detection: Similar to x-rays, lasers can be used to help detect holes and cavities in the teeth.
Helping You Take Care of Your Teeth Like Never Before
Laser dentistry allows us to perform dental procedures more quickly and with less recovery time for the patient. Many patients report that lasers cause significantly less discomfort and pressure than drills, and often leave less scarring. In some instances, laser dentistry can eliminate the need for anesthesia.
The goal of our dental practice is to always preserve your healthy teeth and help you practice good oral hygiene. While laser dentistry can’t cure you of every known dental condition, it can significantly improve many. In other cases, it can accelerate tissue growth and get you on track to having a healthy smile.
Schedule an Appointment Today
For more than 25 years, Dr. Randy Moore has helped Buford, GA, patients smile brighter. We focus on family, general, and preventative dentistry, and are ready to serve you. Schedule an appointment for a procedure or cleaning today and see how laser dentistry can improve your smile. Reach our dental office in Buford today at 770-945-5369.