What Are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are plastic covers that you place onto your teeth for the purpose of straightening them. They work very similarly to braces, in that over time, they adjust the position of your teeth and allow you have a straighter smile.
Unlike braces, however, you can pop clear aligners in and out of your mouth as you please. There are no metal wires attached to your tooth enamel. With clear aligners, you can eat whatever you want and reap the benefits of braces.
In many cases, braces can diminish your self-confidence. The great thing about clear aligners is that they are nearly invisible, allowing you to flash your smile without showing metal!
How Clear Aligners Work
Improperly aligned teeth can make it difficult to chew, speak, or bite, and they are also more susceptible to decay. Our dental office uses scans and impressions to design the perfect aligners for your teeth. They are designed in a way to slowly move your teeth over time, eventually straightening them. You may need to come in to receive new clear aligners as your teeth move.
Advantages of Clear Aligners vs. Braces
Clear aligners are the future of teeth straightening. Here are just some of the reasons why you should consider getting clear aligners for you or your child:
- Aligners have less cleaning involved than braces. The instructions are much easier and quicker than that of braces.
- Clear aligners are nearly invisible to the naked eye.
- Patients do not have to give up certain foods, like popcorn, as they would with braces.
- Clear aligners don’t require as many dental appointments for maintenance and adjustments as braces do.
How Can Smile Moore Fit Me for Clear Aligners?
The process to get clear aligners at Smile Moore Dentistry is simple and straightforward. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and efficient dental experience for our Buford patients.
- Step 1: Consultation: First, we will hold a consultation and examination before fitting you for clear aligners. We want to make sure that they are the right option for you, helping you weigh all pros and cons.
- Step 2: Impressions: Using 3D scan technology and molding, we are able to create an impression of your mouth. This is a model of your teeth that lets the lab design the perfect aligners for you.
- Step 3: Transformation: After receiving your aligner, you will also get a set of detailed cleaning instructions to keep your teeth healthy. You will continue wearing the aligners until we determine it is time for a new set of aligners.
Straighten Your Teeth and Brighten Your Smile
For more than 25 years, Dr. Randy Moore has worked with patients in Buford, GA to transform their smiles. Our expert team has helped thousands of patients get affordable clear aligners and is ready to do the same for you. Schedule an appointment at Smile Moore Dentistry at 770-945-5369 for a consultation for clear aligners. Adjust your teeth the modern way!